President Rodrigo Duterte visited PO1 Robert John Arzaga, who got wounded while serving an arrest warrant to a leader of an armed group in Zamboanga Sibugay last Friday, September 30. The president took time to visit the wounded cop at the Riverside Medical Hospital in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental this Sunday, October 2. Watch video below.
As reported at Philstar, PO1 Arzaga and his fellow police officers went to a calamansi farm in Hacienda Jesusa 1, Brgy. Alegria, Murcia, Negros Occidental at around 5:30am Friday to arrest Harold Valenciano, a 53-year old leader of an armed group and reportedly responsible for several shooting incidents in the said area and for keeping a lot of guns.
But according to Murcia-Philippine National Police Chief Sr. Insp. Lawrence Gerald Bathan, the suspects suddenly fired at the police even before they were able to serve the arrest warrant. The police then fired back and killed a certain Angelique Payos and one alias Toto Beligorio. Valenciano was arrested and PO1 Arzaga got hit on his hand.
Meanwhile, President Duterte received a warm welcome upon his arrival at the Riverside Medical Hospital. He shook the hands of some hospital staff who were excited to him, and then visited PO1 Arzaga in his room. The tough-talking president personally talked to the wounded policeman in his bed, and his attending doctor explained his current condition.
And because PO1 Arzaga was wounded in the line of duty, President Duterte said he will pay for the hospital bill, and gave the brave cop an authority letter. He said he will also send P100,000 cash to him the next day, and ask a government official to enrol Arzaga at 4Ps (Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program) in case the cop could not return to work at once.
Being the Commander-in-Chief, President Duterte has been regularly visiting military camps and wounded police and soldiers in hospitals, as well as wakes of officials killed while performing their duty. The president has been vocal in saying that he will protect cops and soldiers as long as they are not involved in illegal drugs and corruption.
More from my site
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Surrenders, Faces PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa (Video)
- Watch: Drug Suspect Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa Arrested, Son Kerwin Remains at Large (Video)
- Watch: Netizen Writes and Sings “Papatayin Kita”, Song Criticizing Police Killings of Drug Suspects (Video)
- Confirmed: 2 Sen Leila De Lima’s Nephews Caught in the Act During Pot Session in Bicol, Arrested
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Cries, Begs Son Kerwin to Surrender (Video)
- Extrajudicial Killings During Duterte Administration is Fewer Than During PNoy Administration (Data)
- PNP Chief ‘Bato’ Dela Rosa: 9 Policemen Tested Positive for Illegal Drugs in Nationwide Drug Test
- Over 3,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat
- Duterte Should Not be Blamed for Drug-Related Extrajudicial Killings, UP Professor Explains Why
- Watch: Chinese Woman Arrested at Mactan Cebu Airport Over P6.2-Million Worth of Shabu (Video)