Pinoy boxing icon and Sarangani Congressman Manny Pacquiao is sorry for his hurting comments against same-sex couples. This is after he was heavily criticized by he LGBT community, gays and lesbians groups, personalities, and ordinary netizens, especially knowing that he is running for senator in the 2016 Philippine elections. Watch his public apology video below.
“I’m sorry for hurting people by comparing homosexuals to animals. Please forgive me for those I’ve hurt. I still stand on my belief that I’m against same sex marriage because of what the Bible says, but I’m not condemning LGBT. I love you all with the love of the Lord. God Bless you all and I’m praying for you.” A caption reads at the video posted at official Manny Pacquiao Facebook page.
Pacquiao, who is set to retire after his third fight against Timothy Bradley on April 9, was earlier interviewed by Bilang Pilipino., where he was asked about his opinion on same-sex marriage. They asked the same question to senatoriables, former Senator Panfilo Lacson, Valenzuela City 1st District Representative Sherwin Gatchalian, and former Interior Secretary Raffy Alunan.
Must Read: * Nike Fires Manny Pacquiao, Ends Contract Over Same-Sex Marriage Comments
“It’s only common sense, Have you seen any male animal pairing to another male or female animal to another female animal? Animals are better; they can distinguish the pairing of opposite sex, aren’t they? Now if humans of the same sex pair to each other, they are worst than animals.” Pacquiao said. Only Alunan is in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage.
Among the local celebrities who slammed Pacquiao’s comparison of same-sex couples to animals include Vice Ganda, John “Sweet” Lapus, famous blogger Perez Hilton, and Lea Salonga. However, it was Aiza Seguerra who appears to be the most upset with the Pambansang Kamao. The singer-songwriter married Liza Diño in San Francisco in December 2014.
Must Read: * Why I Will Vote Manny Pacquiao for Senator in 2016, and Why You Should Too
I'm sorry for hurting people by comparing homosexuals to animals. Please forgive me for those I've hurt. I still stand on my belief that I'm against same sex marriage because of what the Bible says, but I'm not condemning LGBT. I love you all with the love of the Lord. God Bless you all and I'm praying for you.
Posted by Manny Pacquiao on Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Must Read: * Pacquiao-Bradley 3 Might Not Be Shown in Philippine TV, Under Fair Elections Act
Apparently, Pacquiao also said similar comments in his 2012 National Conservative Examiner interview, but he later apologized. That time, he did not compare gays to animals. That same year, he was banned from entering The Grove, a popular hangout in Los Angeles after he was quoted saying that “gays should be put to death” quoting Leviticus 20:13. He also apologized, noting that he is not condemning gays and lesbians but same-sex marriage only.
More from my site
- Nike Fires Manny Pacquiao, Ends Contract Over Same-Sex Marriage Comments
- Celebrities Slam Manny Pacquiao for Saying, ‘Same-Sex Couples are Worst Than Animals’ (Video)
- Manny Pacquiao May Be Disqualified From 2016 Elections If He Fights Bradley On April 9
- Pacquiao-Bradley 3 Might Not Be Shown in Philippine TV, Under Fair Elections Act
- Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight on May 2, 2015, Floyd Mayweather Demands
- Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather Meeting for the First Time, Netizens React (Video)
- No More Pacquiao-Mayweather 2, He is a Coward and Sore Loser, Mayweather Says
- Manny Pacquiao as PBA Player is a Joke, Purefoods Import Daniel Orton Says
- Manny Pacquiao Loses as Floyd Mayweather Runs Away to the Bank, Twitter Agrees
- It’s Official: Iglesia ni Cristo Endorses Duterte for President, Marcos for VP