The Duterte government has just released two heartbreaking advertisements about the bad effects of illegal drugs to Filipino families. The said commercials were directed by award-winning director Brillante Mendoza, whose services are for free, as part of his support to President Rodrigo Duterte in his strong campaign against illegal drugs. Watch them below.
Produced by the Presidential Communications Office and endorsed by the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB), the the first anti-illegal drugs commercial titled “Mother” features an OFW mother working hard just to send money for her family in the Philippines, while his son is being addicted to illegal drugs without her knowledge.
As you can see, the mother was cleaning the toilet when her son called on the phone and asked her to send him P5,000 for his school needs. The son noted that the money she sent earlier was not enough. However, the mother does not know that her son is wasting her hard-earned money to buy illegal drugs. And yes, the ending is so painful to watch.
On the other hand, the second anti-illegal drugs ads titled “Father” shows a dad hiding in the dark and using shabu during the birthday party of her young daughter. Shortly, the same daughter was seen posing with her mother and siblings as she graduates from college. But just like during her birthday party, her father is somewhere taking illegal drugs.
The daughter then gets married, but her father is again not present. Tears fell again, knowing that her father has been missing the most important events in her life. Later, the father is seen alone in a hospital, looking at the photos, with tears of regrets in his eyes. A strong message at end of the video says, “Kalimutan ang droga bago ka nila kalimutan.”
Presidential Communications Office Secretary Martin Andanar said that the advertisements remind the public not to lose hope, and that now is the best time to end illegal drugs. According to Direk Mendoza, the two tearjerker campaign ads will be shown in cinemas in phases. They will also be aired in TV networks such as ABS-CBN and GMA-7.
More from my site
- President Rodrigo Duterte’s First SONA: 5 Interesting Things You Should Expect
- Watch: President Rodrigo Duterte Meets Peter Lim, Alleged Top Drug Lord in Visayas (Video)
- Sen Risa Hontiveros Slams President Duterte for Saying ‘Drug Addicts are Worst Than Slaves’
- Watch: Netizen Writes and Sings “Papatayin Kita”, Song Criticizing Police Killings of Drug Suspects (Video)
- Watch: 60 Minutes Australia on Extrajudicial Killings in the Philippines, Bias Report? (Full Video)
- Watch: Drug Lord Herbert Colangco Donated P50-M to Presidentiable, Former Drug Pusher Says (Video)
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Surrenders, Faces PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa (Video)
- Watch: Human Rights Watch Accuses Pres Duterte of Encouraging EJKs, Police Planting Evidence (Video)
- Nearly 60,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in 2 Weeks of Duterte Administration, Malacanang Says
- Billionaire-Philanthropist Richard Branson: Duterte’s War on Drugs is Not the Answer, Bound to Fail