A Chinese woman named Zhou Liming was arrested at the Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA) this Wednesday, July 20, after airport police allegedly found four (4) kilos of shabu, worth P6.2 million inside her luggage. The said Chinese national cannot speak English, and was helped by a translator during the interrogation. Watch video below.
As reported at Sunstar Cebu that day, Zhou Liming appears to be nervous when she was in line at the x-ray machine at the arrival area of the said airport. During the manual checking of the content of her bag, Customs personnel Ronor Alinsug and Albert Barliso noticed that there is glossy plywood which served as a compartment, and destroyed it.
Shortly, two K-9 dogs sniffed the packs, and indicated that there was illegal drugs inside. Customs examiners have reportedly confirm that indeed, Zhou Liming has shabu inside her bag. The Chinese national became emotional and burst into tears when she learned that she will be detained, and said that she did not know her bag contains illegal drugs.
According to Police Senior Superintendent Ritchie Medardo Posadas, chief of the Aviation Security Unit (Avseu) Central Visayas, the shabu found inside her bag weighs 4052.1 grams and has a street value of P6.2 million. The 27-year old Chinese woman was aboard Cathay Pacific flight CX 921 from Hong Kong, and arrived at MCIA at around 11:25 am.
Based on her passport, Zhou Liming was born on Feb. 27, 1989 in Hunan province in southern China, and her passport was issued by the People’s Republic of China last January 15 only. Nevertheless, AVSEU initial investigation show that this is already her third visit to the Philippines. The first time was in March, while the second time was in May.
Authorities said she was supposed to be fetched by an unidentified man, who immediately left the airport when she was arrested. During the police interrogation, Zhou said that a Canadian man, who is a friend of her Chinese cousin, told her to deliver the bag to Cebu. As of posting, the Chinese woman is still under custody of PNP Aviation Security Group at MCIA.
More from my site
- Mactan-Cebu International Airport New Terminal to be the World’s First ‘Resort Airport’
- Watch: Over 300 Self-Confessed Drug Pushers and Users in Quezon City Surrender to Police (Video)
- Watch: Floating ‘Shabu Lab’ Busted in Subic Bay, PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa Inspects (Video)
- Billionaire-Philanthropist Richard Branson: Duterte’s War on Drugs is Not the Answer, Bound to Fail
- Watch: Netizen Writes and Sings “Papatayin Kita”, Song Criticizing Police Killings of Drug Suspects (Video)
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Surrenders, Faces PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa (Video)
- Watch: Drug Suspect Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa Arrested, Son Kerwin Remains at Large (Video)
- Over 3,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat
- Confirmed: 2 Sen Leila De Lima’s Nephews Caught in the Act During Pot Session in Bicol, Arrested
- NCRPO Promotes 3,369 Police Officers Amid PNP War Against Illegal Drugs in the Philippines