The construction of houses for Typhoon Yolanda victims is very slow. This is according to Vice President Leni Robredo, who was appointed by President Rodrigo Duterte as Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) head. She visited the National Housing Agency (NHA) housing site this Wednesday, September 14.
“Sobrang bagal. At hindi lang yun dito sa Hernani, sa buong Yolanda-stricken areas. Nakakadismaya kasi tawag natin emergency shelter response, ‘di ba? Hindi na yun emergency kasi wala pa nga.” VP Leni Robredo told reporters that day, expressing her dismay while visiting the shelters for Yolanda victims in Hernani, Eastern Samar.
According to the vice president, only 200 out of the 900 shelters in Hernani are being constructed and none of them has been finished yet, three years after Yolanda badly hit the area. She noted that the houses have not yet been turned over to the beneficiaries because the titles are not yet available, blaming the delay to the bureaucratic red tape.
Must Read: * VP Leni Robredo Told to Prepare to Replace President Duterte, Veteran Journalist Reveals?
“The problem is very common in most of the areas…What I suggest is, maybe we can start with the construction while we are waiting for the titles,” VP Leni Robredo added, stressing out that she will soon have a meeting with representatives of the National Housing Authority, as who is to be held accountable for the delay of the housing project.
However, VP Robredo did not mention losing presidentiable Mar Roxas as the one to be blamed. But back in November 2015, she defended the then-Liberal Party standard bearer from his critics, saying that he did his best to help Yolanda victims when he was still the DILG secretary. Nevertheless, she admitted that PNoy government has shortcomings.
Must Read: * VP Leni Robredo to Leave Liberal Party as Support to President Duterte’s War Against Drugs?
In April 2015, Mar Roxas said that 215 out of 309 rehabilitation projects in Yolanda-hit areas (around 70 percent) have been completed, noting that they are being done simultaneously. The then-DILG released a P2.012-billion budget via the Recovery Assistance on Yolanda (RAY). for the first part of the project and another P2 billion for the second part.
More from my site
- Watch: VP Leni Robredo, Comelec Chairman Andres Bautista Deny Having Secret Meeting (Video)
- VP Leni Robredo Resigns from Duterte Cabinet, Says She Was Warned of Plot to Steal the Vice Presidency
- Sen Risa Hontiveros Supports VP Robredo’s Resignation: “I am Confident That the Public is Behind Her”
- Robredo Says Duterte’s ‘Martial Law Threat’ is the Worst Christmas Gift to Filipinos, Malacanang Reacts
- VP Robredo, Nangutang ng P8M Para Pambayad sa Counter Protest, Walang Makuha sa Supporters?
- VP Leni Robredo Net Satisfaction Rating Drops 12 Points After Resigning as HUDCC Chief, SWS Survey Says
- VP Robredo Admits Talking to Noynoy, Mar Roxas Before Resigning, Plans LP Meeting January 2017
- ‘VP Cannot be Removed by SC’ Joke is About Bongbong Marcos Election Protest, VP Leni Robredo Explains
- Watch: Private Organization NaFFAA Admits Funding VP Leni Robredo US Trip Last August (Video)
- VP Leni Robredo Denies Involvement in #Lenileaks, Blames Fake News Websites for Destroying her Image