Vice President Leni Robredo explained further this Saturday, November 12 about her controversial joke that there are vice presidents that be removed from office, even by the Supreme Court (SC). According to VP Robredo, her joke is actually about the election protest filed by her vice presidential rival, former senator, Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos.
“Before I proceed, let me first greet the school officials who are here, our vice president… Maria Luz Vilches. Ito sigurado ‘to, hindi matatanggal ng Supreme Court,” VP Robredo said in a forum in at the Ateneo de Manila University last Thursday. She repeated her joke when she greeted Ateneo’s Vice President for Social Development Atty. Jim Hofileña.
“Hugot dahil sa recent decision ng Supreme Court. Noong nag-decide ‘yung Supreme Court in favor of paglibing, marami tayong supporters na nag-aalala na baka precursor ‘yun doon sa decision sa kaso ko,” Robredo said this Saturday, referring to SC’s approval of the burial of former President Ferdinand Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani (LNMB).
Must Read: * 20,000-Affidavit Bongbong Marcos Election Protest Needs More Time to Answer, Robredo Lawyer Says
According to the vice president, she hopes that the high court will decide on Bongbong Marcos’ electoral complaints against her winning based on merits, and will not be bias. Based on the official vote counts from the Commission on Elections (Comelec), Leni Robredo had 14,418,817 votes, 263473 votes higher than that for Bongbong Marcos.
However, there were some controversies during the counting of votes. This includes the changing of the hash code made at Comelec’s transparency server, caused by the introduction of a new script. This Friday, Bongbong’s camp filed a petition before the Department of Justice (DOJ), to file criminal charges against Comelec and Smartmatic.
Must Watch: * VP Leni Robredo, Comelec Chairman Andres Bautista Secret Meeting (Actual Video)?
Last November 3, the Office of the City Prosecutor of Manila (OCP-Manila) dismissed the cyber-crime cases that Marcos camp has filed against three Comelec IT experts and four Smartmatic officers, regarding their unauthorized system change. As of posting, VP Leni Robredo has not yet commented on this latest action against her victory.
More from my site
- 20,000-Affidavit Bongbong Marcos Election Protest Needs More Time to Answer, Robredo Lawyer Says
- VP Robredo, Nangutang ng P8M Para Pambayad sa Counter Protest, Walang Makuha sa Supporters?
- Watch: VP Leni Robredo, Comelec Chairman Andres Bautista Secret Meeting (Actual Video)?
- Comelec Confirms Changes on Transparent Server Hash Code, But Denies Effect on Election Results
- 8 Questions Leni Robredo Should Ask Herself if She Wins as Vice President
- Bongbong Marcos Was Cheated by 500,000 Votes to Help Robredo Win, Witness Claims and Explains How
- VP Leni Robredo Strongly Opposes Marcos Burial at Libingan ng mga Bayani, Might Join Protest Rally
- Watch: LP Election Cheating in Maguindanao to Help Leni Robredo Win? (Video)
- Look: Here’s Why Comelec, PPCRV Found No VCMs Inside Novotel on Election Day?
- Watch: VP Leni Robredo, Comelec Chairman Andres Bautista Deny Having Secret Meeting (Video)