Mylene Son, wife of slain cop, Police Chief Insp. Jesus “Jim” Son, said that her husband told her that CIDG Region 8 Director Supt. Marvin Marcos threatened to kill him. The cop’s widow is set to appear in the Senate hearing this Monday, December 5, after she accepted the invitation of Senator Panfilo ‘Ping’ Lacson, chair of on public order and dangerous drugs.
In an exclusive interview with Inquirer published this Sunday, December 4, Mylene Son said that on the eve of September 15, 2016, her husband, PC/Insp. Jesus Son somehow gave her a hint about what can happen to him. The next day, September 16, he was shot dead driving his Isuzu Crosswind in Barangay Pilit, Santa Fe town in Leyte at around 9:55 a.m.
“Baka hanggang ngayon o bukas na lang ang buhay ko. (Maybe my life will end today or tomorrow).” Police Chief Insp. Jesus “Jim” Son allegedly told his wife on the night before he was ambushed, as told by Mylene Son, who noted that his husband referred to Supt. Marvin Marcos as the one who had direct death threat against him.
Must Read: * Sen De Lima ‘Accuses’ Pres Duterte as Top Drug Lord Protector, After Admission to Reinstate Supt Marcos
“Mainit daw sa kanya si Supt. Marcos kasi hindi niya ginawa ang inuutos sa kanya na ‘project.’ Gusto daw tignan kung hanggang saan talaga ang tapang ng asawa ko (My husband said Marcos was mad at him because he did not comply with the project assigned to him. He said Marcos wanted to see how far his courage will bring him.” She added.
Mylene Son noted that the project is to have an asset who could kill (Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando) Espinosa for a fee of P500,000. But because the late mayor was then under the Witness Protection Program of the DOJ (Department of Justice), his close relative and friend advised him not to pursue it for the fear that he might ended up being a fall guy.
Must Read: * Kerwin Espinosa, Ronnie Dayan Face-Off at Senate Hearing, to Explain Testimonies vs Sen De Lima
According to earlier reports, Son was driving home his driving his Isuzu Crosswind when an unidentified man from another vehicle shot him on the head with a M-16 rifle. Prior to the killing, he was head of the Regional Personnel Holding Area Unit of the PRO-8, and is involved in the anti-illegal drugs operations. The slain police official was then 45 years old.
More from my site
- Pres Duterte Admits Ordering Supt Marcos Reinstatement, De Lima Urged to Reveal Her Unreliable Source
- Kerwin Espinosa, Ronnie Dayan Face-Off at Senate Hearing, to Explain Testimonies vs Sen De Lima
- Sen De Lima ‘Accuses’ Pres Duterte as Top Drug Lord Protector, After Admission to Reinstate Supt Marcos
- Sen Leila de Lima on SC Ruling on Gloria Arroyo Case, “Why Wait for Change of Administration?”
- Korina Sanchez Sells Her Expensive Watch for a Noble Cause, Plans to Sell Paintings Too
- Anti-Marcos Burial Protester ‘Admits’ Receiving P500, Complains Budget for Food Stolen by Organizer?
- Sen. Grace Poe Promises Filipinos to Feel Safer in Her First Month as President, Explains How
- Sen Leila de Lima Admits Ronnie Dayan Recommending Franklin Bucayu and Rafael Ragos for BuCor
- Lacson Questions DBM on NIA P11-Billion Budget, Possibly New Pork Barrel System
- ABS-CBN Offered Mayor Rody Duterte to Feature his Life Story on MMK, but Duterte Declined?