Liberal Party (LP) senators said they are afraid that Senator Leila de Lima might also get killed inside the jail, just like what happened to Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa back in November. The political party of the former administration publicly released their concern, shortly after Sen de Lima was arrested this Friday, February 24.
“We fear for Sen. Leila’s life and security given what happened to Albuera Mayor Espinosa and Korean businessman Jee Ick-joo, who were both killed inside police-controlled facilities.” A statement reads at LP’s official Facebook page, Friday morning. CIDG Chief Supt. Roel Obusan led the arrest of Sen de Lima at the Senate past 8 a.m.
Muntinlupa Regional Trial Court Branch 204 Judge Juanita Guerrero issued an arrest warrant against Sen. De Lima, Ronnie Dayan (her former driver-bodyguard and lover), and former National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) deputy director Rafael Ragos. The court order was released only a week after the DOJ filed three case against them and 4 others.
Must Read: * Ronnie Dayan Requests Sen De Lima be Jailed at Bilibid With Him, as Safety Measure?
A Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) team went to Sen De Lima’s house in Paranaque at around 10 pm, Thursday to serve the arrest warrant, but the troubled senator was not there. Earlier, she said she will go home first to pack her things, and to spend time with her family, and later said she doesn’t want to be arrested in front of them.
Must Read: * Sen De Lima Says President Duterte Got Panic After Senate Approves Lascanas Probe, Sen Lacson Reacts
On the other hand, Ronnie Dayan was arrested at his home in Aplaya, Barangay Galarin in Urbiztondo, Pangasinan. Police said he did not resist arrest. After being booked and had his mugshot, he was brought to Muntinlupa Regional Trial Court. During his testimony in the Senate hearing last year, he said he gave miilions of pesos to De Lima as drug money.
But while Sen De Lima’s fellow LP senators and supporters denounced her arrest, many netizens are rejoicing. In a Facebook post, entertainer and President Duterte supporter Mocha Uson wrote, “Sa oras na mapatunayan ang involvement ni Sen. De Lima sa kalakaran ng ilegal na droga, ang “OneForLeila” ay magiging #NoneForLeila.”
More from my site
- Look: Muntinlupa Court Judge Issues Arrest Warrant vs Sen Leila de Lima, Lawyer Reacts (Photo)
- Sen Leila de Lima sa Kanyang Unang Linggo ng Pagkakakulong, “Alam ng Diyos Ang Totoo, Inosente Ako”
- Watch: Sen Trillanes to President Duterte, “Ipapakulong Kita, Hahabulin Kita” (Video)
- Ronnie Dayan Requests Sen De Lima be Jailed at Bilibid With Him, as Safety Measure?
- US Senator Edward Markey Slams President Duterte Over Sen Leila de Lima’s Arrest, War on Drugs
- 5 Famous Movie Quotes That Sen Leila de Lima and Kris Aquino Should Have Learned From Earlier
- Sen Leila de Lima on SC Ruling on Gloria Arroyo Case, “Why Wait for Change of Administration?”
- House Issues Show-Cause Order Vs Sen Leila de Lima, But LP Senator Says She Will Not Honor It
- Senate Ethics Committee to Probe Sen De Lima for Telling Ronnie Dayan to Bypass House Inquiry
- Watch: President Duterte Shakes Sen Leila de Lima’s Hand During SONA, Then Makes Funny Face (Video)