Senator Leila de Lima admitted this Friday, December 9 that she will leave the country, but promised to return and face the charges filed against her. The Liberal Party (LP) senator said she will have a trip abroad for two reasons – to receive an award in the US and to attend a speaking engagement in Germany. Below is Sen. De Lima’s official statement.
“After complying with the travel documents required for a public official, I am now preparing to leave on official visits — first to receive an award in the US and secondly, to speak at the Annual Conference on Cultural Diplomacy in Berlin, Germany.” Sen. Leila de Lima wrote on Facebook. She was allegedly spotted earlier at the US Embassy in Manila.
“Both visits are very important to me because as a senator, I will have a chance to speak before influential world leaders and global thinkers on raising awareness and support for human rights, an advocacy I am passionate about.” She added, noting that her foreign trip is a “great opportunity to meet leaders from various fields from around the world.
Must Read: * How Sen De Lima’s Award is Related to Loida Nicolas-Lewis, Who Asked President Duterte to Resign
“There is, however, nothing to worry about as I will surely return, along with my staff who will be with me during these foreign visits. I hope my brief absence would provide a welcome relief and respite to my detractors and critics. I will keep them in mind though.” Sen. De Lima explained further, with her international trips to start this Sunday, December 11.
Official Statement of Sen. Leila de Lima on her trip to US and Germany; Credit: Leila de Lima Facebook
De Lima is being sued over her alleged involvement in the proliferation of illegal drugs inside the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) when she was still the Department of Justice (DOJ) secretary.The complaint was filed by the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC). Later, a similar case was filed by two former National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) top officials.
More from my site
- How Sen De Lima’s Award is Connected to Loida Nicolas-Lewis, Who Asked President Duterte to Resign
- Sen Leila de Lima ‘Spotted’ at US Embassy, Planning to Escape From President Duterte? Vivian Velez Says
- Ronnie Dayan Advises Sen Leila de Lima to Delay Return to the Philippines?
- Nearly 80 LP Members Withdraw Support to Sen Leila de Lima, Now Joining PDP-Laban
- Julieta de Lima, CPP Founder Joma Sison’s Wife, to Help Kin Sen de Lima be Released From Jail?
- Sen De Lima Says President Duterte Got Panic After Senate Approves Lascanas Probe, Sen Lacson Reacts
- Sen Leila De Lima Arrested, Netizens Rejoice, LP Senators Afraid She Might Get Killed Inside Jail
- Comelec CFO Head, Who Rejected LP Request of SOCE Late Filing to Resign
- Duterte Allies Now Bothered by Impeachment Complaint vs President Duterte, Sen Trillanes Says
- Watch: LP Campaign Rally Host Gives Envelopes, ‘Walang Palakpak, Walang Sobre’, Mar Roxas Reacts (Video)