Quezon City Rep. Jorge “Bolet” Banal is now very unlikely to join Vice President Leni Robredo and some Liberal Party (LP) members to visit South Africa. This is despite the fact that the Friedrich-Naumann Foundation (FNF) has already included his name in the list of Philippine delegation in its letter to the Philippine Embassy in South Africa.
According to a netizen who sent a message to us here at Taho News, VP Leni Robredo herself allegedly advised Rep. Bolet Banal to withdraw from the South Africa visit. The female netizen, who wished not be named for security purposes, said that she heard it from her condo companion, who is now working at the Office of the Vice President (OVP).
However, the netizen said her friend has no idea why VP Robredo has advised it to Rep. Banal. But from what she allegedlly heard, everything needed in the South Africa, including the plane tickets are now ready. Nevertheless, it appears that the named congressman is only one in the list that the vice president has told not to come.
Apparently, we cannot confirm the authenticity of the netizen’s message. Meanwhile, LP, the OVP, VP Robredo and Rep. Banal have not yet comment on this issue. As earlier reported, they will be joined by Senator Francis “Kiko” Pangilanan, Rep. Arlene “Kaka” Bag-ao, Rep. Jose Christopher ‘Kit’ Belmonte, two former cabinet members, among others.
Must Read: * VP Leni Robredo, Rep Bolet Banal and Sen Kiko Pangilinan Among LP Members to Visit South Africa
The said Philippine delegation to South Africa is set to board Qatar Airways flight QR163, and will stay in the country from March 31 to April 4, 2017. As posted in a statement at FNF’s official website, this study tour is hosted and sponsored by FNF, a German foundation created to promote human rights, democracy, rule of law, and free market.
More from my site
- VP Leni Robredo, Rep Bolet Banal and Sen Kiko Pangilinan Among LP Members to Visit South Africa
- LP Congressman Plans to Revive Proposed 4-Year Term for President, VP, But Can Run For Reelection
- Loida Nicolas Lewis Defends #LeniLeaks, Compares Herself to Ordinary OFW
- Official Statement of Former President Noynoy Aquino on PCA South China Sea Ruling (Full Text)
- Nearly 80 LP Members Withdraw Support to Sen Leila de Lima, Now Joining PDP-Laban
- Duterte Allies Now Bothered by Impeachment Complaint vs President Duterte, Sen Trillanes Says
- Sen Trillanes Doubles Security Due to ‘Threat’, But Says President Duterte Will Soon Lose Supporters
- Watch: Sen Antonio Trillanes Says President Duterte is Not Corrupt But Undisciplined (Video)
- Julieta de Lima, CPP Founder Joma Sison’s Wife, to Help Kin Sen de Lima be Released From Jail?
- Sen Leila de Lima Admits US Trip to Receive an Award, But Promises to Return to Face Charges