Nine policemen have been tested positive for illegal drugs in the nationwide drug test over the weekend. This was revealed by noe less than newly-appointed Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa this Monday, July 4 during his press conference after the PNP’s first flag ceremony under his leadership.
Dela Rosa, who was promoted by President Rodrigo Duterte from one-star general to four-star general, said that the samples of those 9 PNP personnel who have been tested positive for illegal drugs will still be validated. He did not reveal their names and ranks, but he noted that 2,405 policemen underwent drug testing across the country.
The new PNP chief stressed out that corresponding charges will be filed immediately against those police drug suspects olnce the validation test will also resul to positive. He also announced that all senior police officials who underwent the surprised drug test inside Camp Crame last week have been tested negative, including Dela Rosa himself.
Must Read: * Over 3,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat
Last Friday, July 1, Dela Rosa asked the PNP Crime Laboratory personnel to set up a drug testing equipment during his first press conference as the new PNP chief. He required all PNP top officials present that time to undergo drug test in front of the media. He also submitted himself for drug testing, along with the surprised PNP key personnel.
Dela Rosa said that the said unannounced drug test was to show the public his promise of transparency in his department, and to make sure that the PNP leadership can serve as a role model in fighting illegal drugs in the country. He also met with the PNP generals whom he is tapping to replace those he relieved as part of “cleaning the PNP.”
Must Read: * Look: Nearly 200 Drug Users in San Juan Surrender to Mayor Guia Gomez
During his speech right after he assumed his post as the new PNP chief, Dela Rosa said he is giving 48 hours to pllice officers who are protecting drug pushers to voluntarily surrender to him, or leave their posts and be a full-time drug lord but to get ready to fight him. As of posting, not even a single scalawag policeman has surrendered to him.
More from my site
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Surrenders, Faces PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa (Video)
- Watch: Floating ‘Shabu Lab’ Busted in Subic Bay, PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa Inspects (Video)
- Watch: PNP Chief Ronald ‘Bato’ Dela Rosa Plays It’s Showtime’s ‘Trabahula’, Wins (Video)
- Over 3,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat
- Watch: PNP Chief Ronald ‘Bato’ Dela Rosa Sings ‘Bawal na Gamot’ on Videoke (Video)
- Watch: Netizen Writes and Sings “Papatayin Kita”, Song Criticizing Police Killings of Drug Suspects (Video)
- NCRPO Promotes 3,369 Police Officers Amid PNP War Against Illegal Drugs in the Philippines
- CHR May Open Hiring of Personnel Who Can Join Anti-Drug Police Operations
- Watch: Drug Lord Herbert Colangco Donated P50-M to Presidentiable, Former Drug Pusher Says (Video)
- Watch: PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa Talks to Bilibid Drug Lords, Sebastian, Co and Colangco (Video)