Pacquiao-Mayweather May 2 2015 Fight is On, Worth $250 Million, 60-40 Split


The very much awaited Pacquiao-Mayweather May 2, 2015 fight is on, and is worth a whooping $250 million (around P10 billion). This is according to a report at Telegraph this weekend, citing two sources from Team Pacquiao. The formal announcement of the Super Mega Fight is expected very soon.

“Manny has 100 per cent signed his side of the deal. It is now over to Mayweather to close the deal and announce the fight.” The Telegraph source was quoted as saying, noting that the American undefeated boxer shall receive 60 percent while the Filipino boxing icon will get the remaining 40 percent.

According to the same report, Manny Pacquiao has already started training quietly in his hometown in General Santos City, Philippines since Friday. This heart-pounding, controversial Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight will happen at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

It can be remembered that Pacquiao and Mayweather met face-to-face for the first time late last month during the half-time of Miami Heat vs Milwaukee Bucks game in Miami. The two boxing greats had no plans to meet that time, but they ended up exchanging contact numbers and met private shortly after.

“You know, I congratulate him [Pacquiao] on his career, he had a wonderful career, and I have had a wonderful career, but before we leave this sport of course we have to make this fight happen.” Floyd Mayweather said on his video posted on his Instagram account during his private meeting with Manny.

Boxing fans have been very eager to watch Pacquiao and Mayweather fight inside the ring for more than five years. Since 2009, the two camps have been talking but nothing was finalized. One of the major issues is that Manny is under Time Warner/HBO, and Floyd is under CBS/Showtime.

But this time, the two rival networks were said to have made a decent agreement. Apparently, this is the second time a joint agreement between HBO and CBS was made in boxing history. The first was in 2002, when then-heavyweight world champion Lennox Lewis found former champion Mike Tyson.

For some quick facts about this $250-M Mega Fight, Pacquiao (57-5-2, 38 KOs) will be 37 years old this coming December 17. On the other hand, Mayweather (47-0, 26 KOs) will turn 38 this coming February 24. Manny has not knockout any opponent since 2009, while Floyd’s last knockout victory was in 2011.

As of posting, Top Rank Promoter Bob Arum has not yet commented on this latest development of the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight. But last week, he said that two out the four issues have been resolved. Meanwhile, Dan Rafael of EPSN tweeted that the legendary boxers have not yet signed the final agreement for the fight.

Related Posts:

* Floyd Mayweather to Sign Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight Contract in 3 Conditions
* Manny Pacquiao Loses 2014 ESPN Fighter of the Year, Mayweather Reacts
* Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight on May 2, 2015, Floyd Mayweather Demands
* Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather Meeting for the First Time, Netizens React (Video)
* Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight Announcement Causes Sold Out at MGM Grand Hotel
* Why Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight is Overrated and Will be Boring to Watch
* Pacquiao-Mayweather Tickets Sale Starts, But You Cannot Afford to Buy One



No Responses