Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight on May 2, 2015, Floyd Mayweather Demands

Pacquiao Mayweather May 2 2015

The much-awaited Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is likely to happen on May 2, 2015. This is the strong demand of Floyd Mayweather Jr. during his latest interview. But apparently, the undefeated boxing champion also asks for $250 million, which is the estimated amount of his contract for “Showtime.”

“We are ready. Let’s make it happen. May 2. Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao. Let’s do it,” Mayweather said in an interview by Showtime broadcast in San Antonio, Texas on Friday night. The said date is also under negotiations for the HBO pay-per-view fight between Miguel Cotto and Canelo Alvarez.

Below are the additional statements of Floyd Mayweather Jr during the Showtime interview:

“I would love to fight Manny Pacquiao. We tried to make the fight happen years ago; we had problems with random blood and urine testing. I just want to be on an even playing field. Now he’s in a very, very tight situation. He’s lost to [Juan Manuel] Marquez, he’s lost to [Timothy] Bradley. Pay-per-view numbers are extremely low. He’s desperate. I wanted that fight a long time ago. I’m just waiting on them.”

“Of course, we have to make the fight happen on Showtime pay-per-view, because ‘Showtime Championship Boxing’ is No.1 and will remain No.1. I’m the man. I’m here to stay. Floyd Mayweather is not ducking or dodging any opponent. Bob Arum is stopping the fight. We have been trying to make this fight happen behind the scenes for years now, but the fans and the people have been fooled because they have been listening to people just on one side. Now it’s time for us to talk. We want the fight.”

“So let’s make this fight happen. Manny Pacquiao, Bob Arum, you guys have been ducking us for years,” Mayweather said. “We’re tired of you guys fooling the public, fooling the critics. You guys didn’t want to take random blood and urine testing, so that’s why it didn’t happen. Then I offered you $40 million, then you didn’t want to make the fight happen. You lost twice, now you coming back begging for the same money. That’s not gonna happen. Let’s make the fight happen for the people and the fans. Mayweather versus Pacquiao, May 2nd, Cinco de Mayweather.”

Mayweather (47-0, 26 KOs), has been reported earlier to be upset with Pacquiao, when the Filipino boxer appeared in a funny Foot Locker commercial. In that “Week of Greatness 2014” ad, Manny Pacquiao thought that Floyd Mayweather Jr has agreed to fight him. That time, Mayweather said he is now very eager to fight Pacquiao.

Pacquiao (57-5-2, 38 KOs), who recently beat Chris Algieri via unanimous decision and knocked him down six times during the entire fight, has yet to comment on Mayweather’s demand. On the other hand, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum recently admitted that he is talking to CBS (the owner of Showtime) about the fight.

The Pacquiao-Mayweather fight has been demanded by the public since 2009. Although there were talks before, both parties have never settled into an agreement. This is the closest chance, so far. Mayweather’s last fight was last September, where he won against Marcos Maidana II via unanimous decision.

In an earlier list of 2015 predictions, boxing experts predicted that the Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight will push through next year. Manny Pacquiao is being predicted to win the boxing match and that right after the fight, he will announce that he will retire from boxing.

Related Posts:

* Manny Pacquiao Loses 2014 ESPN Fighter of the Year, Mayweather Reacts
* Floyd Mayweather to Sign Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight Contract in 3 Conditions
* Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather Meeting for the First Time, Netizens React (Video)
* Pacquiao-Mayweather May 2 2015 Fight is On, Worth $250 Million, 60-40 Split
* Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight Announcement Causes Sold Out at MGM Grand Hotel
* Manny Pacquiao Confused if Floyd Mayweather Will Really Fight Him or Not (Video)



No Responses