A netizen filed an online petition at Change.org this Tuesday, November 22, asking President Rodrigo Duterte and Supreme Court (SC) to remove the remains of the dog of the late-President Corazon ‘Cory’ Aquino from the Libingan ng mga Bayani (LNMB). This is after several groups protested the hero’s burial of the late-President Ferdinand Marcos.
“I am urging every law-abiding Filipino citizens to unite and the sign this petition for the removal of Cory Aquino’s dog from the LNMB. While I am also a pet lover, I strongly believe that it will be an insult not only to the Marcos family abut to all of us, if that dog will remain there.” A certain Basil Avancado from the Philippines wrote on his petition.
According to Avancado, the SC allowed the Marcos burial because there is no law prohibiting it, and that Marcos is was a former president, commander-in-chief, soldier, medal of valor awardee, and legislator, and was not convicted of crimes involving moral turpitude. The High Court also cited that President Duterte has the power to implement it anytime.
Must Read: * Petition to Place Ferdinand Marcos on P500 Bill in 2017, Replacing Ninoy and Cory Aquino
Mr. Avancado reminded everyone that back in March 1992, then-President Corazon ‘Cory’ Aquino allowed the burial of a dog at the LNMB, but no one protested. The dog, which was named Shadow, was a member of the Presidential Security Group (PSG). The so-called hero dog reportedly died from stomach illness, and was even given full military honors.
Must Read: * Martial Law Victim’s Son Explains Why His Mother is in Favor of Marcos Burial at LNMB
Meanwhile, several anti-Marcos groups launched a protest against the Marcos burial. According to them, Marcos is a dictator and not a hero, citing the abuses during the Martial Law and alleged corruption during his 21 years of administration, from 1965 until 1986. He was ousted via the EDSA People Power Revolution, and was replaced by Cory Aquino.
Must Read: * DSWD Sec Judy Taguiwalo Will Not Resign Despite Strong Opposition Against Marcos Burial, Explains Why
We at Taho News respect the constitutional rights of everyone. Nevertheless, we want to emphasize that we are not affiliated with any politician or political party. With this, we are not encouraging nor discouraging anyone to join the petition to remove Cory Aquino’s dog from the LNMB. But if you choose to sign, please feel free to visit this link at Change.org.
More from my site
- Petition to Place Ferdinand Marcos on P500 Bill in 2017, Replacing Ninoy and Cory Aquino
- Dog of Late President Cory Aquino Buried at Libingan ng mga Bayani, But No One Protested
- 20,000-Affidavit Bongbong Marcos Election Protest Needs More Time to Answer, Robredo Lawyer Says
- Petition to Demand Mainstream Media ABS-CBN, GMA 7 to Report About #Lenileaks on Philippine News TV
- Watch: VP Leni Robredo, Comelec Chairman Andres Bautista Secret Meeting (Actual Video)?
- ‘VP Cannot be Removed by SC’ Joke is About Bongbong Marcos Election Protest, VP Leni Robredo Explains
- Sen De Lima Files Motion vs Marcos Burial, Calls SC Decision as for Cheaters and Villains in Government
- VP Leni Robredo Strongly Opposes Marcos Burial at Libingan ng mga Bayani, Might Join Protest Rally
- Jim Paredes Said in 2006 “Filipinos Need a Strong Leader Who Bends Rules, Shoot the Crooks”
- Supreme Court Allows Marcos Burial at Libingan ng Mga Bayani, Reactions From the Bleeding Hearts LP