The late DILG (Department of Interior & Local Government) Jesse Robredo had knowledge of the extent of illegal drugs in the Philippines. He then warned then-President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III about it, but the president did not prioritize the problem. And as we all know, President Rodrigo Duterte is very serious in pinning down the drug lords.
According to an article at Inquirer by veteran journalist Ramon Tulfo this Wednesday, August 25, an unimpeachable source told him that Jesse Robredo submitted a list of names of government officials who are protecting the drug lords, and are benefiting from them. The said list includes an unnamed Cabinet member who was very close to PNoy.
But because Noynoy Aquino ignored him, Robredo just kept the list in his condo unit in Quezon City, until his death due to plane crash on August 18, 2012. It is being believed that the president ignored Robredo’s list because he is not in favor of him being the DILG secretary. But still, he appointed him because of Mar Roxas’ very special request.
Must Watch: * Documentary Proves Illegal Drugs in the Philippines is Worst During PNoy Administration (Video)
On September 2012, ABS-CBN’s Anthony Taberna reported on TV Patrol that their sources said then-DILG Undersecretary Rico Puno, Sr. Supt. Joel Pagdilao, a certain Supt. Oliver Tanseco, and several uniformed men allegedly tried to enter Jesse’s condo unit at around 10:30 am, on August 19, the day after the Robredo’s plane had crashed.
The same report said that the condo unit’s household (kasambahay) refused to let them enter because they have no search warrant. This reportedly prompted the group to call Robredo’s lawyer for help, but their request was declined for the same reason. The same kasambahay also called Robredo’ wife, Leni Robredo and informed her about the incident.
Must Read: * Duterte Should Not be Blamed for Drug-Related Extrajudicial Killings, UP Professor Explains Why
Nevertheless, then-Justice Secretary Leila de Lima was able to secure the “classified documents’ (including the drug list) inside Jesse’s condo unit, with the approval of Leni, who is now the Vice President and the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) chairperson. It remains unknown if the said list was submitted to Noynoy Aquino.
More from my site
- Watch: Documentary Proves Illegal Drugs in the Philippines is Worst During PNoy Administration (Video)
- Over 3,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat
- Nearly 60,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in 2 Weeks of Duterte Administration, Malacanang Says
- Duterte Should Not be Blamed for Drug-Related Extrajudicial Killings, UP Professor Explains Why
- Extrajudicial Killings During Duterte Administration is Fewer Than During PNoy Administration (Data)
- Watch: Over 300 Self-Confessed Drug Pushers and Users in Quezon City Surrender to Police (Video)
- Watch: Drug Lord Herbert Colangco Donated P50-M to Presidentiable, Former Drug Pusher Says (Video)
- Watch: President Rodrigo Duterte Meets Peter Lim, Alleged Top Drug Lord in Visayas (Video)
- NCRPO Promotes 3,369 Police Officers Amid PNP War Against Illegal Drugs in the Philippines
- Watch: PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa Talks to Bilibid Drug Lords, Sebastian, Co and Colangco (Video)