Meet Mang Eugenio Ventura, the polite taxi driver who was offered a generous tip from his passenger but he returned it to him. And yes, he is only one of the many kind Metro Manila taxi drivers in that should receive recognition. His kindness was witnessed by two netizens who couldn’t help but share their wonderful experience with him. Read the two happy stories about him below.
According to a Facebook post by Rommel Lopez on Saturday, January 15, 2016, he rode the taxi of Mang Eugenio from LRT Roosevelt Station to Mother Ignacia Ave. He admitted that at first, he doubt if the taxi driver is really kind. This is when the taxi driver politely told him that he is not choosy in passengers and that he will bring him to anywhere he like.
Must Watch: * Traffic Enforcer Issues Ticket to Colorum Driver Who Claims He Works for Senator JV Ejercito (Video)
Despite the short travel, Lopez learned from Mang Eugenio that his youngest son is a working student will graduate in college soon. The 63-year old taxi driver also told him that he is nice to his passengers simply because this is where he earns a living. But sad to say, he only brought home a P1,200 Christmas bonus from the operator due to many deductions.
And because the taxi driver was so polite and friendly, Lopez decided not to get his change worth P21.50. But he was surprised when Mang Eugenio gave him back the P20 and told him he will just keep the P1.50 as tip, and insisted that this is all he wants. Before he left the taxi, Lopez requested to take a photo of Mang Eugenio so he can share his story on Facebook.
Must Read: * Abusive Taxi Driver Identified, Apologizes but Denied Taking Drugs That Day
Credit: Rommel Lopez Facebook
Must Watch: * Taxi Driver vs Passengers Word War After Taxi Driver Turns Off Aircon (Video)
Amazingly, a former passenger of Eugenio Ventura also testified on his kindness. According to Arch Ray Clemente Guarnes, he rode the taxi of Mang Eugenio last May 2015. He said he was at Quezon Ave. that time, but the taxi drivers he encountered told him that they will pass through EDSA because of traffic. Nevertheless, Mang Eugenio did not hesitate to drive for him.
Must Read: * Another Rude Taxi Driver Curses at Female Passenger, Insists Additional P50 Fare
And just like Lopez, the architect said that Mang Eugenio was so kind and accommodating. During their conversation, the taxi driver told him that he was once dreamed of being a professional pilot. When he arrived on their destination, Lopez told him that he can keep the P75 change as tip. Mang Eugenio immediately returned it to him, but Guarnes insisted it.
Must Read: * Polite Taxi Driver Eugenio Ventura Reunites With Passenger, Receives Award from LTFRB (Video)
The taxi driver’s sincerity in his job did not only gained praises from the netizens. Some of them are also asking for his cellphone number. But because Mang Eugenio has no cellphone, Rommel Lopez shared the contact number of his operator, Ma. Erlinda Paglinawan of Monariel Transport, 361-2985 and 0906-447-1944. The address is 339 Gem 5 Road, Baesa, Quezon City.
Related Post: * Beast Mode Taxi Driver Threatens Female Passenger Over Unreasonable Fare (Video)
More from my site
- Watch: Polite Taxi Driver Eugenio Ventura Reunites With Passenger, Receives Award from LTFRB (Video)
- Watch: Arrogant Taxi Driver Refuses to Give P20 Fare Change, Goes Beast Mode (Video)
- Youth Group Compares ‘Oplan Rody’ to Martial Law Days, Urges Suspension
- Kat de Castro, Noli de Castro’s Daughter, Shares Her Own Heartwarming My Duterte Story
- VP Leni Robredo Office Shares Tips How to Spot Fake News, Accuses All Bloggers as Fake Too
- Petite College Girl Punches Pervert’s Face Inside LRT, Breaks Her Right Arm, Now With Bandage
- James Taylor Cancels Manila Concert Over Concerns for Drug Related EJK Reports
- Another Rude Taxi Driver Curses at Female Passenger, Insists Additional P50 Fare
- Watch: Singaporean Taxi Driver Says Davao City is a Very Safe Place, Just Like Singapore (Video)
- Alleged Rude Woman, Taxi Driver Comment on Parañaque Gas Station ‘Me First’ Incident