McDonalds Philippines recently released a print ad that says, “Beat the May Weather,” which obviously made the Filipino fans of Manny Pacquiao smile out loud. Well, who won’t be smiling with such a perfect ad to beat the summer heat this May? It also sounds like McDonalds wants Manny Pacquiao to beat Mayweather.
This McDonalds “Beat the May Weather” ad was posted on the official McDonalds Twitter account last Thursday, April 30 and appeared later on local newspapers, which is now going viral on Facebook. As you can see, this clever ad shows the different flavors of McFlurry dessert, just enough to beat the summer heat.
Out of curiosity, we went to a nearest McDonalds branch in Batangas and asked what this ad is all about. According to the branch manager, McDonalds plans to offer a ‘Buy One, Take One’ promo for their McFlurry on Sunday, May 3 in case Manny Pacquiao beats Floyd Mayweather on May 2 (Sunday, May 3, Manila time).
Apparently, the prices for the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight tickets went to as much as $40,955 each and the cheapest was $2,959. During the weigh-in, Manny Pacquiao weighed 145 pounds while Floyd Mayweather is a pound heavier at 146 pounds. The weight limit for this “richest boxing match” is 147 pounds.
Boxing experts and former opponents of Pacquiao and Mayweather have already announced their fearless predictions. Chris Algieri, Ricky Hatton, Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez, and Oscar dela Hoya said they believe that Mayweather will win. On the other hand, Miguel Cotto says Manny will win the fight.
Being one of the greatest boxers of all time, former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson predicts that Manny Pacquiao will win by knockout against Floyd Mayweather. The unbeaten American boxer will try to maintain his perfect record of 47-0 (with 26 knockouts), with Manny Pacquiao holding a record of 57-5-2, 38 KOs.
The world appears to be pretty spilt as who will win in this so-called “Fight of the Century.” The MGM Grand in Las Vegas is now starting to receive guests from every corners of the globe. With the 60/40 split, Mayweather is expected to get at least $180 million, while Pacquiao is set to receive $120 million or more.
But if you’re wondering how this clever ad came about, it’s probably because Manny Pacquiao (and his family) has appeared in McDonalds commercial years back. Meanwhile, McDonalds Philippines is expected to release more information about their “Beat the May Weather” ad promo.
And yes, the ad agency or copywriter who thought of this witty ad definitely deserves a raise. 🙂
* Floyd Mayweather to Sign Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight Contract in 3 Conditions
* Manny Pacquiao Loses 2014 ESPN Fighter of the Year, Mayweather Reacts
* Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather Meeting for the First Time, Netizens React (Video)
* BIR: Manny Pacquiao Not To Pay Tax If He Wins Against Floyd Mayweather
* Why Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight is Overrated and Will be Boring to Watch
* Boycott Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight, ESPN’s Keith Olbermann Tells Boxing Fans (Video)
* Pacquiao-Mayweather Tickets Sale Starts, But You Cannot Afford to Buy One
* Manny Pacquiao Confused if Floyd Mayweather Will Really Fight Him or Not (Video)
* Manny Pacquiao Loses as Floyd Mayweather Runs Away to the Bank, Twitter Agrees