Manny Pacquiao as a PBA player is a joke, according to Purefoods Hotshots import Daniel Orton. This is what he said this Wednesday after his team lost to Kia Carnival where the Pinoy boxing icon is the playing coach. Kia won, 95-84, with Pacquiao making his first PBA point and played for four minutes.
“I’m really upset about my performance tonight,” said a visibly very upset Orton. “I’m worried about the loss, yeah, you hate losing, you hate losing two in a row and I know the Purefoods fans that’s not acceptable to them.” Frustrated Orton told a reporter right after the game.
“The way the game was going, the refs, they made it into a mockery, seriously. They took the game that I know and love and made it into a mockery. This game was seriously a joke.” The 6-foot-9 Purefoods Star Hotshots import added. He scored only 6 points and was fouled out after 19 minutes of playing.
Must Watch: * Sen Manny Pacquiao Shoots 3-Points at PBA All Star 2016, but Failed as Buzzer Beater (Video)
“Professional boxer, yeah okay. Congressman, alright. Professional basketball player? No. It’s a joke. Seriously, it’s a joke. That’s part of the joke I was talking about,” The 24-year old former Oklahoma City center replied, when he was asked about his comment on Manny Pacquiao playing on the PBA.
Peter John Ramos led the KIA’s scoring board with 32 points and 26 rebounds. LA Revilla and Eliud Poligrates also provided big help in the final quarter. This is the second win for KIA in this PBA Commissioner’s Cup after beating San Miguel Beer early this month.
“We’re able to execute what we’re doing in practice and we’re able to make our shots. I think we have a chance (to make the playoffs).We just need to strengthen our practice.” Pacquiao said, who is set to fight Floyd Mayweather in the much-awaited $250 Mega Fight on May 2, 2015.
As of posting, the boxing-congressman has no official comment yet on Daniel Orton’s statement about him. But because of this and his criticisms against the game’s officiating, the Purefoods import is being expected to receive some words from the PBA Commissioner’s Office and might be fined or suspended.
Related Post: * Robert Jaworski is the Next PBA Commissioner, After Ramon Fernandez Declined Offer
More from my site
- Floyd Mayweather to Visit the Philippines to Play Basketball With Manny Pacquiao in the PBA
- PBA to Give Away Free Tickets for 2015 PBA Commissioner’s Cup Opening
- Robert Jaworski the Next PBA Commissioner, After Ramon Fernandez Declined Offer
- No More Pacquiao-Mayweather 2, He is a Coward and Sore Loser, Mayweather Says
- Manny Pacquiao Loses as Floyd Mayweather Runs Away to the Bank, Twitter Agrees
- Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather Meeting for the First Time, Netizens React (Video)
- BIR: Manny Pacquiao Not To Pay Tax If He Wins Against Floyd Mayweather
- Pacquiao-Mayweather May 2 2015 Fight is On, Worth $250 Million, 60-40 Split
- Nike Fires Manny Pacquiao, Ends Contract Over Same-Sex Marriage Comments
- Watch: Sen Manny Pacquiao Shoots 3-Points at PBA All Star 2016, but Failed as Buzzer Beater (Video)