Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao and actress-turned-politician Alma Moreno are both included in the list of Top 20 senatorial bets for the 2016 Philippine election, based on the latest Pulse Asia nationwide survey commissioned by ABS-CBN. This is despite the fact that many Filipinos have doubts if both of them are really fit to become senators of the country.
Based on the results of the Pulse Asia Survey conducted November 8-15, 2015, Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto is leading with 72.6% of the 1,200 respondents nationwide are saying that they will vote for him if the 2016 election will be held that day. The 67-year old senator is also one of the main hosts of Eat Bulaga where the phenomenal AlDub love team is being watched.
The second-leading senatoriable is former senator Panfilo Lacson (65.3%), followed by Senator Ralph Recto (62.9%), and Senator Francis ‘Kiko’ Pangilinan (58%). Senate President Franklin Drilon and former senator Juan Miguel Zubiri both have 57.5 percent each. Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao had 50.2%, while former Sen. Richard Gordon had 49.7 percent.
Must Read: * Why I Will Not Vote Manny Pacquiao for Senator in 2016, and Why You Shouldn’t Too
Meanwhile, Parañaque Councilor Alma Moreno ranked 19th and had 15.4 percent. She surpassed Leyte Rep. Ferdinand Martin Romualdez (whose politcal ad is being frequently aired on TV) who only had 14.6 percent. Moreno made into the headlines for her embarrassing interview with Karen Davila on ANC’s Headstart last November 11.
After being heavily criticized, Alma Moreno admitted that she was hurt by the bashers but insisted that not being fully aware of major issues in the country does not make her unfit to be a senator. On the other hand, Davila defended herself and noted that she is only doing her job. In fact, she even used Tagalog in some of her questions so Moreno can understand better.
Must Read: * Pacquiao-Bradley 3 Might Not Be Shown in Philippine TV, Under Fair Elections Act
Below is the complete list of the Top 20 senatoriables based on the latest Pulse Asia Survey. Filipino voters will elect twelve (12) senators on May 9, 2016, along with the next president, vice president, congressmen, governors, vice-governors, mayors, vice-mayors, and councilors.
Must Read: * Why I Will Vote Manny Pacquiao for Senator in 2016, and Why You Should Too
Must Read: * List of Celebrities Who Will Run in the 2016 Philippine Elections
1. Sen. Vicente “Tito” Sotto III (72.6%)
2. Former Sen. Panfilo “Ping” Lacson (65.3%)
3. Sen. Ralph Recto (62.9%)
4. Former Sen. Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan (58%)
5. Senate President Franklin Drilon (57.5%)
6. Former Sen. Juan Miguel “Migz” Zubiri (57.5%)
7. Sen. Sergio Osmeña III (52.1%)
8. Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao (50.2%)
9. Former Sen. Richard Gordon (49.7%)
10. Sen. Teofisto “TG” Guingona III (44.8%)
11. Former Justice Secretary Leila de Lima (37.9%)
12. Former Akbayan party-list Rep. Risa Hontiveros-Baraquel (36.5%)
Must Read: * 2016 Philippine Elections: 10 Commandments on How to Vote Wisely, Once and For All
13. Manila Vice Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso (30.4%)
14. Former Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chair Francis Tolentino (23.4%)
15. TV host Edu Manzano (22.2%)
16. Valenzuela Rep. Sherwin Gatchalian (22%)
17. Former Pampanga Gov. Mark Lapid (20.4%)
18. Former TESDA chief Joel Villanueva (19.7%)
19. Actress and Parañaque Councilor Alma Moreno (15.4%)
20. Leyte Rep. Ferdinand Martin Romualdez (14.6%)
We welcome constructive criticisms on our comment section, but we don’t allow cursing and insulting words. It is our right to delete derogatory comments, and permanently ban anyone hitting below the belt.