The Liberal Party (LP) is now offering P1,000 per person who will join the 31st EDSA People Power anniversary celebration, this coming February 25, 2017. This is according to a veteran journalist who posted on his Facebook page an alleged conversation between him and someone who introduced himself as his friend, and explained to him the details.
According to veteran journalist Ed Dan Verzola, his old friend and is still a friend called him, and told him that he needs at least 1,000 people who can join the upcoming EDSA People Power anniversary celebration. When the journalist asked him if the Duterte administration ordered this preparation, his friend told him it actually came from LP.
“Budget per head is P1000 but siyempre ang ibibigay natin sa mga sasali ay P500 to P700 lang para may “mobilization fund” tayo….(The budget is P1,000 per head, but of course, we will only give P500-P700 to those who will join so that the remaining money will go to our mobilization fund…)” The journalist’s friend allegedlly told him over the phone.
Must Read: * Anti-Marcos Burial Protester ‘Admits’ Receiving P500, Complains Budget for Food Stolen by Organizer?
Ed Verzola said he did not accept the supposed offer, and that he will never join any foolish activities such as that one. As expected, many Duterte supporters condemned LP while LP supporters denied that there is such an offer. The latter group said the veteran journalist is only making up stories so that the public will be mad at the past administration.
But in his Facebook post this Thursday, February 16, Verzola insisted that the offer is real, and that his rally organizer-friend is from Caloocan City. He said another rallly organizer sent him a message, saying that he is not after the money, and dared him to show proof that LP is giving money to rallyists, and that organizers get a cut from the budget.
Must Read: * Anti-Duterte Protesters Argue Over Money Transfer, Member Denies Receving Salary From Rally Funds
Must Read: * 5 Big Reasons Why EDSA People Power 1986 Celebration is Totally Dead
Meanwhile, several anti-Marcos groups will also be joining the 2017 EDSA People Power anniversary. This is to protest the controversial burial of former president Ferdinand Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani (LNMB) last November. On the other hand, Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea is set to lead the preparation for the said event.
More from my site
- Metro Manila Mayors Being Forced to Send People to Attend EDSA 30th Anniversary?
- 5 Big Reasons Why EDSA People Power 1986 Celebration is Totally Dead
- Panoorin: Dating NPA, Binulgar ang “Baho” ng Mga Martial Law Victims at EDSA People Power (Video)
- Watch: LP Campaign Rally Host Gives Envelopes, ‘Walang Palakpak, Walang Sobre’, Mar Roxas Reacts (Video)
- Anti-Marcos Burial Protester ‘Admits’ Receiving P500, Complains Budget for Food Stolen by Organizer?
- Comelec CFO Head, Who Rejected LP Request of SOCE Late Filing to Resign
- Loida Nicolas Lewis Defends #LeniLeaks, Compares Herself to Ordinary OFW
- Sen Leila de Lima Admits US Trip to Receive an Award, But Promises to Return to Face Charges
- Nearly 80 LP Members Withdraw Support to Sen Leila de Lima, Now Joining PDP-Laban
- LP Congressman Plans to Revive Proposed 4-Year Term for President, VP, But Can Run For Reelection