Loida Nicolas-Lewis finally breaks her silence on the existence of the so-called #Lenileaks. In her latest statement, the Filipino-American billionaire somehow somehow admitted that it is real, but still defended her actions. According to her, dual citizens have still the right to be involved in politics in the Philippines, despite being away from their homeland.
“At least one out of every eight Filipinos lives overseas. Our remittances are a major boost for the Philippine economy. Just because we are Overseas Filipinos (OFs) does not mean that we have lost our right to be involved in or speak out on developments in our home country.” Loida Nicolas-Lewis wrote of her official Facebook page this Monday, January 9.
“Like myself, many of us are dual citizens and therefore retain our full rights as Filipinos. It is therefore wrong to disparage or demean comments from overseas Filipinos. We have a right, even a duty, to be involved in our homeland and participate as much as we can in its politics.” She added, who supported the Liberal Party (LP) in the recent 2016 elections.
Must Read: * VP Leni Robredo Denies Involvement in #Lenileaks, Blames Fake News Websites for Destroying her Image
As we all know, Thinking Pinoy recently revealed series of emails at the restricted (but not private) Yahoo Groups, Global Filipino Diaspora Council (GDFC). Among its notable members are Loida Nicolas-Lewis, her sister Imelda Nicolas, ABS CBN Europe News Bureau Correspondent Gene Alcantra, and Inquirer US Bureau columnist Ted Laguatan.
Apparently, those emails contain messages about information on how the series of mass protests against the burial of the late-president Ferdinand Marcos at the at the Libingan ng mga Bayani (LNMB), as well as convincing the public to demand President Rodrigo Duterte to resign from office, thus to be replaced by Vice President Leni Robredo.
Must Read: * #LeniLeaks Yahoo Groups Email Messages on Marcos Burial Protests, Alleged Oust Duterte Plot
Must Read: * VP Leni Robredo Meets Loida Nicolas-Lewis in New York While Typhoon Nina is Slamming Bicol Region?
And although none of the exposed emails actually mentioned about ousting President Duterte, a lot of pro-Duterte supporters suggest that there might be such a plot, considering that Loida Nicolas-Lewis had enough money to fund it. In a recent statement, Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said that Malacañang will investigate #Lenileaks.
More from my site
- Look: #LeniLeaks Yahoo Groups Email Messages on Marcos Burial Protests, Alleged Oust Duterte Plot
- Petition to Demand Mainstream Media ABS-CBN, GMA 7 to Report About #Lenileaks on Philippine News TV
- VP Leni Robredo Denies Involvement in #Lenileaks, Blames Fake News Websites for Destroying her Image
- Look: Mar Roxas, Wife Korina Sanchez Meet Loida Nicolas-Lewis in New York, Dinner Together (Photos)
- VP Leni Robredo Meets Loida Nicolas-Lewis in New York While Typhoon Nina is Slamming Bicol Region?
- How Sen De Lima’s Award is Connected to Loida Nicolas-Lewis, Who Asked President Duterte to Resign
- Watch: LP Campaign Rally Host Gives Envelopes, ‘Walang Palakpak, Walang Sobre’, Mar Roxas Reacts (Video)
- LP Congressman Plans to Revive Proposed 4-Year Term for President, VP, But Can Run For Reelection
- Watch: LP Election Cheating in Maguindanao to Help Leni Robredo Win? (Video)
- Sen Leila de Lima Admits US Trip to Receive an Award, But Promises to Return to Face Charges