Jeffrey Celiz, who was recently named President Rodrigo Duterte as one of the political personalities allegedly involved in illegal drugs trade, criticized the president for identifying him as a congressman, Party-list representative, Panay Chapter. He also categorically denied the president’s allegations, noting that because of this, his life is now in danger.
“It is very obvious that the information being fed to the President is unverified and short of being a rumor-mongering style. Because of this raw and unverified information which the President made as a public pronouncement, my life and that of my family are now in grave and serious danger,”Jeffrey Celiz said in a statement, Sunday afternoon via Inquirer.
Celiz’ sarcastic reaction comes less than 24 hours after President Duterte read a list of 158 names of so-called narco-politicians and narco-cops, including seven judges, incumbent and former mayors and vice mayors, congressmen, active and retired military and PNP officials. Earlier, one of the judges has been confirmed dead since January 2008.
Must Watch: * Duterte Names Judges, Mayors, PNP Officers Allegedly Involved in Drug Trade (Video)
It turned out that Jeffrey Celiz was never a legislator. Instead, he served as political consultant, spokesperson and executive assistant of Iloilo City Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog, who is a close relative of Senator Franklin Drilon and was named by President Duterte as narco-mayors. The mayor has also denied the accusation, and is ready to be investigated.
In addition, Celiz noted that he has never held any position in the Iloilo City local government and elsewhere since February this year. However, he admitted that he was once accused as involved in illegal drugs when his name allegedly appeared in a log book of a gun club firing range, also in Iloilo City. He also denied the accusations.
Nevertheless, we learned that Celiz was once a spokesperson of Bagong Alyansang Makabayan in Panay, and was expelled from the CPP (Communist Party of the Philippines) before he served Mayor Mabilog. As of posting, Malacanang has not yet issued its official statement on the two errors on the list of names given to the president.
More from my site
- Confirmed: Samar Judge Named by President Duterte as Drug Lord Protector, Killed in 2008
- Watch: Duterte Names Judges, Mayors, PNP Officers Allegedly Involved in Drug Trade (Video)
- GMA News TV Posts Wrong Caption, ‘Kerwin Espinosa Said That Locsin Family is Behind Illegal Drugs’
- Watch: Korina Sanchez Says Roxas vs Duterte is Battle Between Good and Evil (Video)
- Sen Trillanes Apologizes for Calling President Duterte a Communist Over ‘Separation’ from US Announcement
- Pieta-Like Photographer Reacts to President Duterte’s SONA Comment on Slain Drug Suspect Photo
- Look: Iloilo City Footbridge Worth P1-M Built by Congressman Now Totally Damaged, Mayor Reveals
- US Senator Edward Markey Slams President Duterte Over Sen Leila de Lima’s Arrest, War on Drugs
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Surrenders, Faces PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa (Video)
- Watch: Pres Duterte Jokes, Apologizes to VP Robredo, Name Missed in PMA Rites 2017 Speech (Video)