High-profile inmate Jaybee Sebastian filed graft and criminal charges against Senator Leila de Lima and two others over several issues concerning her alleged involvement in illegal drugs trade inside the New Bilibid Prison (NBP). His wife, Roxanne filed the case before the Department of Justice (DOJ) head office in Manila this Friday, November 4.
Based on the complaint, Sen. Leila de Lima was charged with violation of the Anti Graft and Corrupt Practices Act, the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees; the Anti Torture Act (Republic Act 9745); receiving drug money which was used for her campaign when she was running for senator, and indirect bribery.
The complaint added that former Bureau of Corrections chief Ricardo Rainier Cruz, former NBP head Richard Schwarzkopf Jr., and Sen de Lima allowed the transfer of Jaybee Sebastian to Building 14 when she was still the DOJ secretary. The neophyte senator also told the public that he is a government asset. These two factors allegedly led to threats against him.
Must Read: * Singer Dulce Confirms Sen Leila de Lima’s Alleged Link to Illegal Drugs
“The worst of them all, he (Jaybee) told the wife and his children that his deceased father, grandfather and maternal uncle talked to and prevailed upon him in his dreams to emulate and join them by putting a tragic end to his life.” The complaint reads, noting that the complainant also suffered from mental torture while he was under “solitary confinement.”
Must Read: * Sen Leila De Lima, Trillanes Linked to Jaybee Sebastian Stabbing Incident Inside NBP, DOJ Says
Early last month, Sebastian’s lawyer Eduardo Arriba filed the complaint before the Office of the Ombudsman but the Ombudsman refused to accept it because it was not yet subscribed before a notarized public. That time, he said his client requested to be transferred the Maximum Security Compound, but his request was not granted.
Must Read: * 5 Logical Reasons Why Sen Leila de Lima Will Eventually Land in Jail Over Illegal Drugs Issue
On the other hand, Sen. Leila de Lima has consistently denied all the allegations. But as of posting, the troubled senator has not commented on Sebastian’s case filed against her. Nevertheless, Senator Antonio Trillanes IV said that De Lima is surely not surprised. In an ambush interview, he said he believes that Liberal Party (LP) will still continue supporting her.
More from my site
- Sen Leila De Lima, Trillanes Linked to Jaybee Sebastian Stabbing Incident Inside NBP, DOJ Says
- Watch: VACC Sues Sen Leila De Lima on Drugs, De Lima to Sue President Duterte, Critics (Video)
- Look: Leila de Lima, Jaybee Sebastian Photo Inside Bilibid Exposed, Sen de Lima Reacts
- Jaybee Sebastian and Peter Co Hurt, Chinese Drug Lord Tony Co Killed During Bilibid Riot
- Second Ethics Complaint vs Sen De Lima Surfaces, But Likely to be Dismissed
- Look: P24-Million Cash Bank Deposits By De Lima’s Clerk When She Was Still DOJ Secretary (Bank Document)
- Kerwin Espinosa, Ronnie Dayan Face-Off at Senate Hearing, to Explain Testimonies vs Sen De Lima
- Sen Leila de Lima: Evidence Against Me is Fake, Just Like Sec Aguirre’s Wig
- Sandra Cam Reveals Alleged Activities of Sen Leila de Lima’s Driver on Illegal Drugs Inside Bilibid
- 5 Jobs Jaybee Sebastian Can Easily Get Hired At If He Is Not A High-Profile Bilibid Inmate