GMA News TV posted a wrong caption during their live coverage this Wednesday, November 23, when Kerwin Espinosa appeared in the Senate hearing on the death of his father, Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa. Apparently, a screenshot of that caption was noticed by some netizens, posted in on Facebook. The Kapuso network later apologized.
“Kerwin Espinosa: Locsin family, nasa likod ng aking illegal drugs trade (Kerwin Espinosa: Locsin family is behind my illegal drugs trade)” The GMA News TV caption reads, while Kerwin was explaining the feud between him and Albuera police head Chief Inspector Jovie Espenido. It is being aired nationwide, and being watched by tons of Filipinos.
Espinosa said that Espenido once tried to kill him. He said that in the late 1990s, he was working for the Locsin family, a political clan in Ormoc City, noting that his job is to convince barangay captains to support the family in the upcoming elections. The younger Espinos added that Espenido was then working for the opposite political clan, the Codilla family.
Espinosa, who left the Philippines shortly before President Rodrigo Duterte took oath but was captured in Abu Dhabi last October 17, said that Espenido shot a young man whom he thought was him. He noted a case was filed against Espenido, and that the latter went into hiding for one year, claiming that Espenido has been mad at him and his family since then.
Espinosa also denied being a drug lord and said that he was only a distributor of illegal drugs. Reading this affidavit, he said that his main source of shabu are Jeffrey “Jaguar” Diaz and a certain Lovely Adam Impal. He also said he gave P8 million for Sen. Leila de Lima’s campaign through her former driver-bodyguard and lover, Ronnie Dayan.
Meanwhile, GMA Network has already apologized for their mistake. On their official Facebook page and on GMA TV, they clarified that Espinosa said that he worked for the Locsin family, and that they are not behind his illegal drugs trade. As of posting, the family has not commented on this error but many netizens suggest a libel case against GMA-7.
More from my site
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Cries, Begs Son Kerwin to Surrender (Video)
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Surrenders, Faces PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa (Video)
- Look: GMA News Facebook Posts Anti-Duterte Comments, Apologizes Later
- Budol-Budol Gang Takes Away P400,000 Retirement Pay From Old Woman (Video)
- Kerwin Espinosa, Ronnie Dayan Face-Off at Senate Hearing, to Explain Testimonies vs Sen De Lima
- Confirmed: Drug Suspect Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa Shot Dead Inside Jail, CHR Reacts
- Watch: Korina Sanchez Says Roxas vs Duterte is Battle Between Good and Evil (Video)
- Jeffrey Celiz Slams Duterte for Mistakenly Calling Him Congressman, Denies Illegal Drugs Involvement
- GMA News Davao Reporter Complains vs Doris Bigornia, ABS-CBN Releases Statement
- Online Petition Urges Public to Sue ABS-CBN, GMA and TV5 for Airing Anti-Duterte Ad