No less than former Budget Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad acted as the mentor of Janet Lim Napoles in her inner workings of the P10-billion Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) scam, also known as the pork barrel scam. This is according to Atty. Stephen David, one the lawyers of Napoles, who is being dubbed as the pork barrel scam queen.
“According to the witnesses of the government, it’s Abad who mentored her. Somebody mentored Janet Lim Napoles to do this, do that, how to proceed with this.” David told ANC’s Headstart host Karen Davila this Wednesday, May 17, as he talks about the plan of the Office of the Ombudsman not to allow Napoles to be a state witness on the case.
“It’s common sense, how can a private person who has not even reached college manipulate the whole Senate? Unless there is someone higher than her, guiding her,” David told ANC’s “Headstart.” He added, who said in recent interviews that former President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino might also be included in the Napoles’ list.
Must Read: * Napoles Gave Noynoy Aquino P90M as Campaign Funds in 2010, Trillanes Beneficiary, Saycon Says
According to David, Napoles met Abad when he was still representative of the lone district of Batanes the head of the Congress appropriations committee. He noted that Marina Sula, a former employee of Janet Lim Napoles, earlier testified that she used to see the former Budget secretary frequently visiting the businesswoman’s office.
Back in May 2014, Janet Lim Napoles included Abad as one the 100 congressmen who allegedly have benefited from the PDAF scam, along with 18 senators and 14 employees from various government agencies. So far, only senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Ramon “Bong” Revilla and Jinggoy Estrada have been jailed. Enrile posted bail in August 2015.
Must Read: * Napoles to Include Drilon, De Lima and Trillanes in PDAF Scam Case, Lawyer Says
As of posting, Butch Abad has not yet commented on David’s accusation. However, he has consistently denied any involvement in the PDAF scam and dealing with Napoles, and that all projects that he sponsored under his PDAF were legitimate. Abad also served as the campaign manager of the Noynoy Aquino-Mar Roxas tandem in the 2010 elections.
More from my site
- Napoles to Include Drilon, De Lima and Trillanes in PDAF Scam Case, Lawyer Says
- PNoy, Abad to Face New Charges on Alleged Misuse of DAP, After Term Ends
- Napoles Gave Noynoy Aquino P90M as Campaign Funds in 2010, Trillanes Beneficiary, Saycon Says
- Janet Lim Napoles’ House in California for Sale Worth $3.4M
- Sharon Cuneta, KC Concepcion to Star in Janet Lim Napoles Movie
- Bintang ni Napoles kay Sen De Lima na P8M Extortion, Posibleng Imbestigahan sa Senate Hearing
- Look: Governor Orders Demolition of Juan Ponce Enrile Monument in Cagayan
- 5 Potential Vice Presidentiables Whom One of Them is Likely to be Binay’s Running Mate
- Watch: Karen Davila’s Interview to Alma Moreno Shows Why We Should Not Vote for Her as Senator (Video)
- Gerphil Flores ANC Headstart Interview, Sings ‘What a Wonderful World’, and More (Video)