Cebu Top Drug Lord ‘Jaguar’ Killed in Las Pinas Raid, Mayor Tommy Osmena Reveals

Cebu City Mayor Tommy Osmena Jaguar dead

Jeffrey Diaz aka Jaguar, who is considered as Cebu’s top drug lord is dead. The information was revealed by no less than Cebu City Mayor Tommy Osmeña. According to the mayor, who posted the good news on his official Facebook page Saturday, June 18, Jaguar was neutralized during a police raid in Las Piñas some 10 hours ago.

“Cebu’s top druglord, Jaguar, is dead. Neutralized in a Las Piñas raid.” Osmeña wrote, who earlier announced that he will give P50,000 to the police for every drug lord and other criminals killed in his city. If only wounded, the reward is P5,000. Nevertheless, the mayor noted that the killing should be legal and the gun should be licensed.

“Jeffrey “Jaguar” Diaz and one bodyguard were killed as they were rotating among his 8 houses in Las Piñas. He was tracked there by the Regional Intelligence Division-7 headed by Col. Rex Derilo and Regional Special Operations Group-7 headed by Labagnon’s very own Col. George Ylanan.” The newly-elected city mayor added.

Nevertheless, Mayor Osmeña contradicted Jaguar’s earlier claim that he is retiring from being a drug lord. He noted that recent surveillance revealed that he was setting up a new base of operations in Rizal. The mayor was referring to the recent interview with dyRF, where Jaquar said he is willing to surrender to President-elect Rordigo Duterte.

Considered also as the second biggest drug lord in Central Visayas, Jaguar apologized to his victims. He noted that if given a chance, he is willing to help the authorities in tracking down other drug lords provided he and his family will be safe. He then admitted that he started meeting big time drug lords when he was in National Bilibid Prison in Muntinlupa City.

Must Watch: * Over 300 Self-Confessed Drug Pushers and Users in Quezon City Surrender to Police (Video)

Osmena drug lord Jaguar Diaz killed

Credit: Tommy Osmeña Facebook

Jeffrey Diaz was released in July 2010 and returned to Cebu to start his own business. Nevertheless, the authorities still monitored his movements. Back in September 2015, a Cebu City Intelligence Branch (CIB) team conducted a raid in the so-called Jaguar compound, where at least P4 million worth of alleged shabu was found but Diaz was not there.