Anne Curtis defended Madonna, after the American singer used the Philippine flag during her Rebel Heart Tour concert last Wednesday, February 24, 2016. This is after netizens had mixed reactions over the issue, and the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) said that Madonna could be violating the law. Watch the Kapamilya star’s interview video below.
“I think in a way it showed the love she has for our country. I think ngayon lang kasi siya nakarating sa Philippines so gano’n talaga. I think everyone would always have their own opinion which is their right naman. Gano’n talaga, siyempre as an artist you know naman na you’ll never be able to please everybody.” Anne Curtis told reporters this Friday, February 26.
The ‘It’s Showtime’ host-actress was with Derek Ramsay and Vice Ganda watching the Madonna concert on it’s first night. The ‘Material Girl’ was then singing her hit song, “Holiday.” when she wore the Philippine flag as a cape, which somehow touched the floor of the stage. She also cursed a lot of times, and performed a provocative pole dancing act with her dancers.
Must Watch: * Madonna Disrespects Philippine Flag in Manila Concert, NHCP Says (Video)
According to National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) Teodoro Atienza, Madonna violated Republic Act 8491 (Flag and Heraldic Code of the Philippines) Sec. 34-b, which prohibits anyone “to dip the flag to any person or object by way of compliment or salute.” Earlier, a group of high school students were expelled for using the Philippine flag as floor mop.
Meanwhile, Archbishop Emeritus Oscar Cruz also criticized Madonna after he learned that the latter danced on a pole that looked like a crucifix, while her dancers wore a nun’s habit. He described the singer’s act as immoral, and that Filipinos should not patronize her. Earlier, Lipa Archbishop Ramon Arguelles asked Filipinos to boycott Rebel Heart Tour, and described it as evil.
But despite the call for boycott and the whooping ticket price (P57,000 for VIP), the two-night Madonna concert in Manila were both sold-out. The next stop of the Rebel Heart Tour will be in Singapore on Sunday, February 28. Incidentally, Archbishop of Singapore William Goh and other local religious leaders are also asking Christians not to support Madonna’s concert.
More from my site
- Watch: Madonna Disrespects Philippine Flag in Manila Concert, NHCP Says (Video)
- Madonna Live Concert in Manila 2016, Ticket Prices Cost One Semester Tuition Fee
- Bishop Urges Catholics Not to Watch Madonna Concert in Manila, Describes Her Acts as Evil
- 18-Year Old Girl Slams ‘It’s Showtime’ Twerk Dances of Ella Cruz, Anne Curtis (Video)
- Watch: Vice Ganda Mentions AlDub on It’s Showtime, Anne Curtis, Jhong Hilario Give Opinion (Video)
- Lea Salonga: Anne Curtis Still Not a Singer but Improving (Video)
- James Taylor Cancels Manila Concert Over Concerns for Drug Related EJK Reports
- Eraserheads Music is Garbage, Bamboo Most Overrated Vocalist, Filipino Songwriter Says
- Watch: PNP Chief Ronald ‘Bato’ Dela Rosa Plays It’s Showtime’s ‘Trabahula’, Wins (Video)
- Bong Revilla, Jinggoy Estrada to do a Movie inside Camp Crame