Naguilian, La Union Mayor Reynaldo Flores claimed that former congressman Thomas Dumpit Jr. is the main source of illegal drugs in the province during his speech at the town hall this Tuesday, August 16. The mayor made his revelation after he was named by President Rodrigo Duterte as one of the narco-politicians in the country early this month.
“Ex-Cong Thomas Dumpit Jr. is the brain behind the shabu laboratory in Bimmotobot. I know a lot of information about the involvement of several personalities and Dumpit on the shabu lab because I was one of those who conducted the raid against the illegal facility. We are the ones who busted that and we know the story behind it.” Mayor Flores said.
“But I am the one suffering now. They got back at us because they lost billions of drug money. Because of the shabu laboratory (discovered by the police back in July 2006) , my name was put in a bad light. However, the President made me an instrument for the reopening of this case to find out the real mastermind. The Naguilian town mayor added.
Must Watch: * Duterte Names Judges, Mayors, PNP Officers Allegedly Involved in Drug Trade (Video)
Flores has also submitted his affidavit to the Philippine National Police (PNP), Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) in Camp Crame, containing all the information he knows about illegal drugs in his town. He also contested Dumpit’s claim in his privilege speech when he was still in Congress in 2008, accusing him of being the mastermind of the shabu lab.
“There is a bigger fish than Borromeo. Dumpit is our political enemy and he hates us so much because we withdrew our support from him. He dropped us just to cover his name. I am calling for the authorities and the President, who I believe is determined and sincere in fighting illegal drugs, to hear us out on this case.” Mayor Reynaldo Flores said further.
Mayor Flores was then referring to Senior Superintendent Dionicio Borromeo who was found guilty by a La Union court in 2013 as being the protector of the said shabu lab. He was sentenced to life imprisonment. During the raid, local authorities have recovered equipment and chemicals worth P27 million that are being used to produce shabu.
More from my site
- Watch: Duterte Names Judges, Mayors, PNP Officers Allegedly Involved in Drug Trade (Video)
- Ex PDEA Chief Admits He Submitted the Duterte List to Noynoy Aquino in 2010 but Nothing Happened
- Over 3,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat
- PNP Chief ‘Bato’ Dela Rosa: 9 Policemen Tested Positive for Illegal Drugs in Nationwide Drug Test
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Surrenders, Faces PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa (Video)
- Look: Nearly 200 Drug Users in San Juan Surrender to Mayor Guia Gomez
- 5 Potential Vice Presidentiables Whom One of Them is Likely to be Binay’s Running Mate
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Cries, Begs Son Kerwin to Surrender (Video)
- NCRPO Promotes 3,369 Police Officers Amid PNP War Against Illegal Drugs in the Philippines
- Watch: Drug Suspect Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa Arrested, Son Kerwin Remains at Large (Video)