ABS-CBN allegedly offered Mayor Rodrigo ‘Rody’ Duterte to feature his life story on its drama anthology, Maalaala Mo Kaya (MMK). However, the tough mayor declined the offer, unlike other politicians who earlier agreed. Mayor Duterte is running for president in the 2016 elections under the PDP-Laban party, with Senator Alan Peter Cayetano as his running mate.
The said offer was revealed by a netizen who left a comment on our post about the Leni Robredo Story on MMK, which was aired at ABS-CBN this Saturday, February 6, 2016, just 3 days before the start of the election campaign period. The episode featured Dimples Romana as Leni Robredo and Marvin Agustin as her husband, the late DILG Secretary Jessie Robredo.
Must Read: * My Duterte Story Testimonials Proving That Mayor Duterte Helps Not Only Dabawenyos
Apparently, many netizens heavily criticized ABS-CBN for its move, saying that the network appears to be bias and campaigning for Leni Robredo. The Kapamilya network has been featuring the life story of politicians on MMK during election year. This includes senators Grace Poe and Alan Peter Cayetano, as well as Congresswoman Leni Robredo in 2013.
According to the female netizen, ABS-CBN made the offer to Mayor Duterte to feature his life story on MMK in July 2015. This is same month when the network aired the episode of Gandang Gabi Vice (GGV), featuring Mayor Duterte as the special guest of Vice Ganda. The said episode reportedly enjoyed a very high TV ratings based on Kantar and Agb Nielsen.
Must Read:* Jollibee Owner Tony Tan Caktiong Supporting Duterte for President Report Not True
“Di naman si Robredo lang ang inalok a. In fact, pati nga si Mayor Duterte inalok din last year after mag guest siya sa GGV, tumanggi lang siya. Tsaka, di naman bawal sa COMELEC, anong problema nyo?” Wrote the netizen, who later deleted her comment after receiving tons of negative replies. We decide to delete the entire thread because of the foul words mentioned.
Based on her Facebook profile, she is working at ABS-CBN. We also saw her wall posts, defending the network after the hashtag #BiasABSCBN went trending on Twitter last Monday. That day, there were reports that some members of the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) are urging people to boycott ABS-CBN. Nevertheless, INC spokesperson Edwil Zabala denied it.
Must Watch: * This Deleted Duterte Interview Video Could Help Him Win in 2016, Woman Says (Uncut Version)
But just before we send a PM (Private Message) to the concerned netizen yesterday, her Facebook account has been deactivated. We assume that she deactivated it because of the tons of bash and negative replies for her defense to ABS-CBN. As of posting, the network has not yet comment on the allegations of biased news and the supposed Rody Duterte story on MMK.
* Why I Think Marcos-Duterte in 2016 Will Be Better Than Duterte-Marcos
* Why Mayor Rody Duterte Keeps on Saying He Will Not Run for President in 2016
* What to Expect if Mayor Rodrigo Duterte Will Not Run for President in 2016
* Mayor Rody Duterte Tells Arrogant Smoker to Eat Cigarette Butt After Challenging the Law
* Mayor Rody Duterte Announces Names of His Senatorial Bets in 2016 Election
* Duterte Scratch Card to Raise Campaign Funds Stopped due to Comelec Strict Requirements
* Singaporean Taxi Driver Says Davao City is Very Safe Place, Just Like Singapore (Video)
* My Duterte Story: Inday Sara Duterte Shares Very Inspiring Experiences With Her Father
* Look: DPWH Replaced Duterte-Cayetano Tarpaulins With Roxas-Robredo Streamers?
* Kat de Castro, Noli de Castro’s Daughter, Shares Her Own Heartwarming My Duterte Story