Senator Leila de Lima is very much likely to be jailed as being allegedly involved in illegal drugs trade inside the New Bilibid Prison (NBP), this is what many political observers say. Despite the fact that some of the witnesses during the recent series of House hearings on illegal drugs had contradicting testimonies, all of them said she has received drug money.
But of course, their testimonies are yet to be scrutinized very carefully before they can be used as evidence against Sen. De Lima. However, President Duterte’s statement saying that she will eventually land in jail could also be a plus factor. But more than anything else, here are 5 logical reasons why she will be arrested and most likely to be placed behind bars.
#1 Cases were already filed against Sen. De Lima
Obviously, no one shall be put into prison without having a case filed against that person. In the case of Sen. De Lima, the VACC (Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption) has already filed charges against her, along with former Justice Undersecretary Francisco Baraan III, former Bureau of Corrections chief Franklin Bucayu, Ronnie Dayan and 4 others.
Must Watch: * P24-Million Cash Bank Deposits By De Lima’s Clerk When She Was Still DOJ Secretary (Bank Document)
#2 Liberal Party (LP) is not noisy in throwing support to De Lima
The Liberal Party (LP), Sen Leila de Lima’s political party, and Vice President Leni Robredo have defended her back in August, when President Duterte criticized the morality of the neophyte senator. But since then, the LP appears to be distancing itself from her troubles. In fact, not even one LP senator has said that de Lima is innocent with all the accusations.
#3 Sen. Leila de Lima never appeared in House hearings
Right from the start, Sen. De Lima said that she will not appear on any of the House hearings on the illegal drugs trade. In fact, she even dubbed it as President Duterte’ kangaroo court, strongly suggesting that all the witnesses will just present fake testimonies. Therefore, she had no venue to defend herself. Very big mistake on her part.
Must Read: * Singer Dulce Confirms Sen Leila de Lima’s Alleged Link to Illegal Drugs
#4 No influential personality is defending Sen. De Lima
Senators Franklin Drilon, Risa Hontiveros, and other LP senators are silent over Sen.de Lima’s controversy. Meanwhile, Senator Antonio Trillanes IV has been helping her during the Senate inquiry, but he never spoke on the allegations against her. So far, we know no influential personality is saying that she is innocent. It appears that De Lima is alone in her fight.
Must Read: * 5 Famous Movie Quotes That Sen Leila de Lima and Kris Aquino Should Have Learned From Earlier
#5 Sen. Leila de Lima uses schools and universities to attract supporters
Apparently, the 14-million voters of Sen. De Lima are not visible in social media. There are very few Facebook Groups specifically created to support her during these trying times, and most of her social media supporters are contented in commenting to posts. This is probably why she is now visiting schools and universities, defending herself and desperately hoping to attract supporters.
Must Read: * Jaybee Sebastian Files Criminal Charges vs Sen Leila de Lima, Sen Trillanes Reacts
We at TN are not saying that we are sure that Sen. Leila de Lima will eventually land in jail. Nevertheless, we are only expressing our constitutional rights to give our opinion. Having said that, we welcome anyone who can give us their thoughts and contradict our post. Anyone is allowed to post comments below, as long as there are no personal attacks and insulting words.
More from my site
- Sen Leila de Lima sa Kanyang Unang Linggo ng Pagkakakulong, “Alam ng Diyos Ang Totoo, Inosente Ako”
- Second Ethics Complaint vs Sen De Lima Surfaces, But Likely to be Dismissed
- Sen Leila de Lima Denies Sucide Attempt Reports, “If I Die Inside Prison, Duterte Ordered me Killed”
- Sen Leila de Lima: Evidence Against Me is Fake, Just Like Sec Aguirre’s Wig
- Watch: President Duterte Mastermind Behind Jaybee Sebastian Stabbing, Sen De Lima Says (Video)
- Sen Leila de Lima ‘Spotted’ at US Embassy, Planning to Escape From President Duterte? Vivian Velez Says
- Watch: VACC Sues Sen Leila De Lima on Drugs, De Lima to Sue President Duterte, Critics (Video)
- 5 Symptoms That Sen Leila De Lima Probably Has Amnesia on Extrajudicial Killings and Drugs
- Look: P24-Million Cash Bank Deposits By De Lima’s Clerk When She Was Still DOJ Secretary (Bank Document)
- Watch: House Likely to Issue Arrest Warrant vs Sen de Lima for Telling Ronnie Dayan to Hide (Video)