Kris Aquino recently admitted that ABS-CBN no longer wants her back on their network. Painful as it is, even President Rodrigo Duterte appears to be also not wanting to talk to her. And just like her, many people now hate Senator Leila de Lima, especially when she finally admitted her extramarital affair with her former driver-bodyguard, Ronnie Dayan.
Obviously, these two ladies have now serious problems. Kris wants a comeback on TV and be the talk-of-the-town again, while Sen. De Lima doesn’t want to be talked about. But as we all know, their wishes are very unlikely to happen. Now, if there are famous movie quotes that they should have learned earlier, here are what we think the five most important ones.
#1 Keep your friends close and your enemies closer
This quote was uttered by Michael Corleone (played by Al Pacino) in the 1974 movie, The Godfather II. And although it seems odd, the best lessons we can learn are from our critics, simply because they will force you to build your character. Apparently, Sen. De Lima and Kris Aquino choose to answer back to their bashers, instead of listening closely to them.
#2 With great power comes great responsibility
People today became familiar about it when Cliff Robertson (as Uncle Ben) said it to Tobey Maguire (as Peter Parker/Spider-Man) in the 2002 hit movie, ‘Spider-Man.’ Kris Aquino might not be as powerful as then-DOJ Secretary Leila de Lima, but she also has a responsibility to her audience. Nevertheless, but then, both of them became irresponsible.
Must Read: * 5 Wonderful Things to Happen Once Kris Aquino Leaves the Philippines
#3 Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups
Featured in the 1995 hit action movie, ‘Under Siege 2: Dark Territory,’ this obscene quote was angrily uttered by Everett McGill (as Marcus Penn) to one his men when the latter assumed that Steven Seagal (as Casey Ryback) is already dead. Obviously, Sen. De Lima and Kris never thought that their bad decisions in life will haunt them the ugliest way.
#4 What’s worse than rape?
This was the question of John Travolta to James Woods in the 1999 movie ‘The General’s Daughter’ while he was investigating the mysterious death of a daughter of a prominent general. In case you haven’t watched the movie yet, the answer is betrayal. And yes, Kris and Sen De Lima has betrayed the public trust with their bad decisions in personal life.
Must Read: * 5 Logical Reasons Why Sen Leila de Lima Will Eventually Land in Jail Over Illegal Drugs Issue
#5 I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her
So, who wouldn’t be in love with this giggling line of Julia Roberts to Hugh Grant in their 1999 hit movie, ‘Notting Hill’? I bet both Kris and Sen. De Lima have watched this romantic film. However, I think both of them did not tell it to their past married lovers. And yes, using the phrase ‘frailties of a woman’ adds to the trouble if you are a public property.
We at Taho News are not in the position to judge Kris and Sen. De Lima. But the way things are going on now in their careers, we can safely say that somehow they wish they can bring back time and change some of their decisions. And as fellow humans, we think that the best thing to do is to learn from their mistakes, so we can all live happily ever after.
More from my site
- Ronnie Dayan Advises Sen Leila de Lima to Delay Return to the Philippines?
- 3 LP Senators Warn President Duterte, DOJ on Cases vs Sen Leila de Lima and Her Possible Arrest
- Look: Leila de Lima, Jaybee Sebastian Photo Inside Bilibid Exposed, Sen de Lima Reacts
- Watch: President Duterte Shakes Sen Leila de Lima’s Hand During SONA, Then Makes Funny Face (Video)
- House to Investigate Sen Leila de Lima on Possible Link with Bilibid Drug Lords, Senate Distances
- Sen Leila de Lima on SC Ruling on Gloria Arroyo Case, “Why Wait for Change of Administration?”
- Sen Leila de Lima Urged to Undergo Comprehensive Drug Test, After Sen Trillanes Tested Negative
- Bong, Jinggoy on Sen Leila de Lima as Possible Fellow Inmate, “We’re Happy to Welcome Her Karma”
- Watch: How Sen Leila de Lima is Trying Hard to Act Like Sen Miriam Defensor Santiago (Video)
- Watch: VACC Sues Sen Leila De Lima on Drugs, De Lima to Sue President Duterte, Critics (Video)