Two Duterte siblings and four other individuals were arrested in a drug buy-bust operation conducted in Barangay Tetuan, Zamboanga City last Monday night, August 22. According to Tetuan Police Station 6 chief Superintendent Nonito Asdai, the six suspects will be charged of violation of Republic Act No. 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.)
As reported at Inquirer this Tuesday, the arrested drug suspects were identified as Stevenson Hardelesa, Ceejay Janal, Archie Quilante, Jerry Paul Violanggo, Adrian Duterte,and his sister, Arlyn Duterte. Nevertheless, Asdai clarified that the Duterte siblings are not related to President Rodrigo Duterte, adding that all of them did not resist arrest.
Authorities said that five heat-sealed transparent plastic sachets of suspected shabu and drug paraphernalia where recovered from Adrian Duterte, who was the main target of the said anti-drug operation. Apparently, the Duterte siblings have surrendered to the police about two months ago and promised to stop, but obviously continued to sell illegal drugs.
Must Read: * CHR May Open Hiring of Personnel Who Can Join Anti-Drug Police Operations
However, Duterte haters said that Adrian and Arlyn Duterte could be relatives of President Duterte, or they were not killed because of their surname. On the other hand, many Duterte supporters just laugh at the rant of these anti-Duterte individuals, noting that they will still post negative comments if the Duterte siblings were killed by the arresting officers.
Nevertheless, it should be remembered that President Duterte has been very vocal in sparing no one in his intensified campaign against illegal drugs. In his previous speeches where he announced the names of politicians and military officials whom he alleged as drug lord protectors, he said that some of them are his friends and former colleagues.
Must Read: * Confirmed: 2 Sen Leila De Lima’s Nephews Caught in the Act During Pot Session in Bicol, Arrested
Back in 2012, then-Davao City Vice Mayor Rody Duterte ordered the local police to kill his own son, Paolo Duterte, if he will be proven involved in any kind of crime. This is after Paolo was allegedly linked to a big time carnapping syndicate. The younger Duterte was then the barangay captain of Barangay Catalunan Grande, also in Davao City.
More from my site
- Extrajudicial Killings During Duterte Administration is Fewer Than During PNoy Administration (Data)
- Nearly 60,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in 2 Weeks of Duterte Administration, Malacanang Says
- Confirmed: 2 Sen Leila De Lima’s Nephews Caught in the Act During Pot Session in Bicol, Arrested
- Look: Nearly 200 Drug Users in San Juan Surrender to Mayor Guia Gomez
- Watch: President Rodrigo Duterte Meets Peter Lim, Alleged Top Drug Lord in Visayas (Video)
- Duterte Should Not be Blamed for Drug-Related Extrajudicial Killings, UP Professor Explains Why
- PNP Chief ‘Bato’ Dela Rosa: 9 Policemen Tested Positive for Illegal Drugs in Nationwide Drug Test
- Watch: Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Surrenders, Faces PNP Chief Bato Dela Rosa (Video)
- Over 3,000 Drug Suspects Surrender in South Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat
- Watch: Netizen Writes and Sings “Papatayin Kita”, Song Criticizing Police Killings of Drug Suspects (Video)